Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Be A List Maker

Have you ever been around organized people? Do you notice that they all carry lists?

Lists are a great way to feel accomplishment throughout your day. It's also a great way to stay focused and stress free.

If you are a follower of Flylady you know that she helps keep you on track by the control journal. That works great when I am at home, but it's the daily tasks that I needed to sort out. It's the daily chaos that changes everyday.

I have found that when I sit in the morning and make a list I feel like I can handle the day. It also makes me feel really good when I can cross the items off. I feel like I am in control. It's amazing how a list can help you focus on the task at hand & not jump ahead.

Try making a list when you wake up in the morning. See how it can change your day.

I have found that a small bright notepad works great for me. I worked a special deal for notepads for us. If you are in need, check them out in the egg store. I will get them out to you right away.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy


Quote of the Day
"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up." A. A. Milne

1 Comment:

Sheryl said...

You're right about the list making and I am a BIG list maker. However sometimes I overwhelm myself with my list. I will make the list and not take in to account what my schedule is for the day and how my day may affect the way I am feeling when I get home. Then I find myself getting all keyed up because I am exausted and I still have things to do on my list.

I am working on trying to be more realistic about how much I can get done in a day, breaking projects into smaller steps. Planning ahead and breaking down the project into small steps really helps to avoid some stress.

I still need to lighten up on myself if I don't get something done on the list that is not a priority. Just because its written down does not mean it's life or death if it doesn't get done. We'll maybe somethings but you know what I mean :-)