Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The What If Continued....

The What If challenge is a really tough one. I think my mind naturally wants to focus on every obstacle and see the negative possibilities.

One of my biggest challenges at the moment is with my two year old. If I had my way, he would eat baby food until he was thirty and play in a padded room. Well that is just not possible, so every time I have worries of him choking or getting hurt I take a deep breath and work on the reality that he has to explore and learn. What benefit would I be doing to him, teaching him to be a worrier just like me.

Some days I think that some of my problems are control issues. I am not a controlling sort of person, but I don't like surprises either. I always think that if I know what is around the corner I can handle it better.

It's those pesky What Ifs again.

My challenge for myself tomorrow is to do just one thing out of my comfort zone. I'll let you know what I find.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts,
Amy

0 Comments: