Friday, July 18, 2008

We Have to Take Care of our Body

This week has been a rough one for me. Over the last year I have adopted the low carb lifestyle and it has worked really well for me. I don't tend to overeat, my habits have become healthier because I don't have fillers like bread, pasta and potatoes. In the process I was able to drop 40 lbs. I think giving up sugar has helped with my mood balance as well. I don't seem to be on that sugar high and low roller coaster any longer.
Well the months of May and June are rough around our house. Birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day - all reasons for cake. Needless to say my husband and I let things slip. I really didn't gain any, but my energy was back down and I was hungry ALL the time! So this week I vowed to myself to get focused and back on track. This first two weeks are always the worst. How I love M&Ms.
How can I expect my mind and moods to stay in check if I am trashing out my body? Take a look at how you are eating, can you make changes for the better. Just start with something simple like replacing a coke for water. Flushing your system with water really makes everything work better.
Today that is your focus. What can I do today for my body? It's all about you! No one will do this for you.

0 Comments: