Saturday, July 19, 2008

Faith or Foolishness???

I think the hardest thing I have struggled with is Faith. There are times in your life when you are met with a challenge. How you handle it is up to you. Many people in my life tell me that when they are confronted with adversity they pray and sit back and wait for it to be handled. I have had a hard time with this philosophy.
Once I had a small business, it was not going anywhere. I was starting to become in debt. Some said I had to have faith that my business would turn around. All I seemed to be doing is going deeper into my anxiety and depression. Was I turning my back proving I didn't have faith that I was being looked after? Or was it foolish to think I couldn't help myself out of the mess?
This week my husband has been faced with the same issue. He took a job in a new field, after 2 days he realized it was not for him. When it was offered to him everything aligned to make us think it was the "perfect" opportunity. Does he have faith it will get better, or is he foolish for not looking for something else.
I think sometimes we become comfortable with our surrounding and do not know when to step out in faith, however we also don't realize when we are sitting on our hands and acting foolish.
Have the courage to face the day, and the strength to head where you want to go.
Wishing you peaceful thoughts,
Amy

0 Comments: