Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Take a "Time Out"


We all need to find time away from the noise in our lives. If we want to heal our brain we need to send ourselves to "time out".


This isn't the disciplinary time out, but a calm and relaxing time out. We all know that we need to try and carve out at least 10 minutes a day for relaxation, prayer, or time for you. However, this is a little bit different. This is all about silencing your mind.


We talked last week about finding a time to be connected and in the moment. Block out that self-talk that goes on in your head. This is actually lying very still, breathing very deep and thinking about Nothing! My day is very busy and loud, so my time out is as I am going to sleep. I first practice my visualization of where I am headed/want to be - then I send myself to time out. It can be a few minutes or an hour, whatever works for you. While lying on your back make sure you are taking those controlled deep breaths, close your eyes. This is the hard part, no self-talk. Self-Talk is the voice in your head, pictures streaming through. I visualize a black wall, if anything comes through it is pushed out just as quickly. Focus completely on your breathing. You could compare this to being in a meditative state.


This is a great way for you to adjust your focus, reduce those symptoms & kick-start the relaxation response in your body. Also helps if you are having a hard time falling asleep.


Let me know how you are doing with your "Time Out".


Wishing you peaceful thoughts,

Amy



Quote of the Day

"If we have not quiet in our minds, outward comfort will do no more for us than a golden slipper on a gouty foot." John Bunyan






Where Have You Been?

Egg Member JJ wrote in our forum this week:

"Well it is now Feb 1, and still no one is posting. This is a great group and Amy gives us all alot of support. So if you have a problem just send it in and I'm sure Amy will answer you, if she doesn't know the answer, she will find someone with the answer."

Stop by the forum today and introduce yourself.
We would love to hear your story & help with your struggles & celebrate your success.

Egg Forum

0 Comments: