Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Day of Relaxation


It's a beautiful day at our house today. My family and I decided to take advantage of that and spend the day in the back yard.

We headed to the nursery this morning and loaded up on plants. It never really gets too cold here in Houston. So the plants were 70% off and we don't really have to worry about loosing them.

We got home we pulled out the sandbox for the kids and let them run wild in the backyard. They were in heaven making mud pies and tunnels for hot wheels.

This gave me the whole afternoon to start a new flower bed. It has been a long time since I was able to really work in the yard. My son is almost three and it's been a few years of chasing him around. That is stressful enough. It was a huge relief to watch him sit and play quietly for a long period of time today.

I forgot how therapeutic it is to dig in the dirt and completely focus on a job. And working out in the cool sunny air was great too. When was the last time you worked on something that gave you great pleasure? Maybe it's been too long.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy


Quote of the Day

"Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity."
Lindley Karstens

0 Comments: