Friday, November 21, 2008

The Holidays are Almost Here


The minute Thanksgiving is over the Christmas season begins. I think the radio station here starts Christmas music Thanksgiving morning.

As we draw closer this week to turkey time, we need to prepare for holiday spending. Financial issues are the leading cause of holiday stress, and there is nothing worse than being in the red on January 1st.

As much as we love to please everyone, financially we just can't. Make sure you take the time this week to make a list of people who will receive a gift and those who will get a token gift or baked goods. It never fails that Christmas Eve my husband and I start feeling as if we have not purchased enough for our friends and family and we make the mad dash to the mall. After grabbing any trinket in site we realize that our bank account has taken a massive hit.

I have Wednesday circled on my calendar to have my Christmas budget and shopping list completed. As fun as Black Friday is at the mall - I am going with a plan. I am going to enjoy this holiday season & fly through it with the least amount of stress and anxiety.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy
Quote for the Day
"Always plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."
Richard C. Cushing

1 Comment:

Shying Away From It All said...

Hi there,
I love you blog. I just started one on Social Anxiety Disorder. I started writing a book a few years ago on it and am using the blog to raise some money to publish a self help book. Check it out and click on some googe ads. haha. Ok, well nice blog. I will visit later