Saturday, July 11, 2009

Good Shoes Are So Important

I am the one that looks for the cheapest shoes for myself. I never understood the importance of picking shoes that were not on the clearance rack. You know the ones that feel "good enough" & "don't really match anything".

It was after I started working out that I suffered from shin splints and tired legs that I knew I had to do something else. My first goal was to run in a 5K - I needed the right tools.

I know, $60 is a lot to pay for a pair of shoes. But if you went to the doctor today because you felt terrible it would be a Co-Pay & possibly some medication. Cha-Ching! So why not take that money and put it toward your health. That's a celebration in itself.

If you have never been fitted for running/walking shoes - I highly suggest it. It's easy to do & really painless. Just find a running shoe store close to you & stop in to be fitted. Let them show you the shoes that would be right for you. You can always purchase them online later and maybe you will get a deal. Here is a page of Zappos that helps explain how to pick the right shoe too.

http://www.zappos.com/runningfitguide.zhtml


Good shoes should last 3 - 6 months depending on the wear. So go check your sneakers and put a new pair on your wish list to get when you can fit it in your budget. I have a sneaker fund & put $10 in a month.

I am always here for you if you need a shoulder to lean on, have questions or someone to celebrate with.

Wishing you a peaceful day,
Amy



Quote of the Day


"Frustration is the first step towards improvement. I have no incentive to improve if I'm content with what I can do and if I'm completely satisfied with my pace, distance and form as a runner. It's only when I face frustration and use it to fuel my dedication that I feel myself moving forwards."
~ John Bingham

0 Comments: